Saturday, June 10, 2006

don't tell me...

Hey....what a week! Ok...it was a rather short week with monday's holiday, but I'll tell you...
I came down with a bad cold starting last sunday. So I was sneezing, caughing, and felt as if I had egg salad in my brains (if there's anything left of it). Then there were those deadlines....the patent application, the XML-Days paper, and several really important meetings. Everything worked fine - I don't know how I managed it - until friday. The most time-consuming thing of all was to get our XML-Days paper ready. I told Heiko (my coauthor) to start to work almost two weeks ago...but I knew in advance, where (better when) it would end....in a night shift on the very last day...friday. The deadline was friday night, 23.59 pm...we were stil working at 23.50pm, when Heiko was downstairs copying the last changes into our cvs-repository. At 23.52pm I received an email. It said......'attention: the deadline is extended to friday, next week!'.....
There I was, 23.53pm...thinking about what I could have done instead this night and all the nights before. I told it to Heiko at 23.58pm - just after printing out the final version for submission ;-)
so, don't tell me....